Saturday, October 23, 2010

What Are Little Boys Made Of?

So...my last post was the first part of the poem...What Are Little Girls Made Of, so it only made sense to do the second half next. I had fun planning this one. I couldn't find anything to paint from life that seemed creative enough, so I gathered photographic references of critters, and a pic of my beautiful boy...I like the result. Black ballpoint with colored pencil accents. I can't decide whether to put more color in, or leave it as is. What do you all think?
PS: this looks way better big, so make sure to click:)

11 comments:

  1. I love this just as it is!

    What a wonderful page this is!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great composition and what an adorable boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This drawing is great. I'd leave alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd leave this alone, too! I like it just as it is. Also, I'm a bit behind in my email, but I have to say, the last 4 posts are really great! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it! I have three boys and I saw this piece and read your blog header and had a chuckle to myself while thinking "There's a girl after my own heart!!" Your work is lovely, glad I stopped by your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you had to add this part. I am sooo glad I never found anything in my son's pockets that shouldn't have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real great drawing! I really like how it looks and then when you blow it up, it looks even better! Great work! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page! Love the drawing, and the presentation =) The facial expression on the kid says it all

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great as it is! Just caught up on your sketchbook, looking good

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! I love the subtle colors and the composition!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)