Saturday, October 16, 2010

View from the Gazebo

View from the Gazebo-Coast Mountain Lodge

I'm feeling a bit homesick today, missing my friends and family. My best friend is getting married today, too, and I'm missing it, because I'm still stuck here. Congratulations, Jen! I love you!
This is a sketch I did while I was still in Bella Coola, before the flood. I bet it doesn't look like this anymore...sigh.  It's the view from the gazebo at work. It was a beautiful sunny day, and I went for a jog to have a coffee there. I decided to sit and sketch it on a piece of printer paper. I cut it and glued it into my moley, to cover up a godawful sketch I did of my daughter this morning. 
It was going beautifully, in pencil, the likeness was great, and I spent about an hour on it, and then I decided it needed some color and the lines needed to be darker. I tried to ink and color it, and DISASTER! It was ruined, completely...sorry Rhiannon...it was cute):

5 comments:

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)