Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good Morning, Sunshine

Good Morning Sunshine -- for the sketchbook project

She's actually staring out the big sliding windows in our kitchen, into the rising sun. We have a gorgeus mountain view, and it was glowing pink on the snow. Just gorgeous! I'm going paint this one of these days, because the light is amazing. Actually, I did start out trying to paint this for the sketchbook, but you don't want to see it! I totally blew it on the right hand side, and had to rip it out and start over. I thought for time, and safety's sake, I would stick to a pencil drawing.

10 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS!! I just finished the project . . . it feels AMAZING to be done. Will I do it again next year??? Probably so. . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! One of my favorites. You do so well at capturing children's faces and I love the little dog, too. I'm sure it will be difficult to let your sketchbook go, but think of all the people who'll be able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This drawing is soooo wonderful that I can't imagine this sketchbook leaving your side forever! And I for sure want to try to "borrow" it, i.e. look through it when it arrives in Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful drawing of her - she just glows! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to sit with her and watch the sunrise. Please paint it for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply amazing! =) Your work is so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful! She is a lovely child and the look on her face is so peaceful. this is a priceless drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little girl and dog are both adorable! And the light is beautiful, I understand why you want to paint it. Its a special moment and a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! All the big moments are really small ones!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)