Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dublin, Ireland ~ the Custom House, O'Connell Bridge and the Liffey River

(please click if you want to see it bigger)


This was basically the very first photo I took in Dublin. It features the Custom House, O'Connell Street Bridge, and of course, the Liffey River. My hostel, Abigail's, was also very near to there. 
Now, I do believe that I have become quite daft!! I came to the realization while working on this spread, which took two days! It takes me less time to do a full size painting sometimes:) Maybe I should ditch impressionism, and go for photorealism, which tends to better suit my nature, lol! I found myself having to add every single little detail...down to the single bricks in Abigail's...sigh. Anyone have any tips on drawing architecture more quickly? Lol! Anyways, it was fun, if challenging, and I'm looking forward to my next spread, and revisiting the memories that go along with it.