Thursday, January 27, 2011

Carriage Horse at St. Stephen's Green

(please click to make it big!)

I now have total respect for the dude (or dudette) that invented the wheel! Or anyone that can paint them well...OMG! I spent an hour on that smaller wheel, and it's still not right! It was right, in pencil, once, then I inked it and screwed it all up! (Which I tend to do a lot)  Lol! Anyways...watercolor doesn't really do what I want on this paper...I guess because it's not white it makes everything a tad muddy...but oh well, I'm still pretty happy with this one.  It still took all day. I might have to take a few days off of the sketchbook and do some "serious" art, so my hubby starts taking my "stay at home artist" act seriously, though:P.  
A little factoid for you all...Carriage, as it is written on my pic, was actually written on the pavement...parking spots for horses!

8 comments:

  1. Love your page Tahirih. You've captured the horse and carriage beautifully. Well done! :-) BTW, the rest of your travel sketchbook looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was well worth all the time you spent on it. Your horse is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Great job on the horse, and I don't see a problem with the wheels. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the wheels look great! Much better than I'd do, anyway! Wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazingly nice. I love both the carriage and the horse. I can see what you mean that you are spending so much time on the journal that you don't have time for your other painting. So much art to create, so little time : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got it all perfectly, wheel and all. I always feel sorry for the horses though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AMAZING! Love the details, love the spread of the page... I just like everything about it(especially the mechanical part of the carriage, yes I love horses too)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)