Saturday, May 28, 2011

Serenity -- Mute Swan on pond

Serenity -- 6" x 8" oil on canvas  
for sale on ebay tomorrow (Sun, May 29, 6:00pm PST)

Here's a new daily painting I finished yesterday. I have to graciously thank "scalespeeder" on flickr for his generous permission to use his photo. I was very attracted to the drama of the backlight glistening through the wings of the swan, and the perfect reflection.  I saw many mute swans in my travels in Ireland, but none of my photos were this "painting worthy."  
It was a fun little painting to do. I have limited edition, archival giclee prints on museum quality paper for sale as well. Drop me a line if you're interested.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love how you painted the swan but also the water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your work is just wonderful, that bear is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous painting. The light is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful work! Beautiful atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)