Saturday, June 4, 2011

One for the Sketchbook

My Boy Reading the Star Wars Encyclopedia

Hi everyone,
I don't have a heck of a lot to share with you this week. I decided to take a week off of painting and do some much needed yard work and gardening, and the weather was nice, too, so I took advantage of that to get my quota of Vitamin D. But, I did do this little sketch of Jacob last night that I thought I'd share. It's been a while since I posted any sketches since I've been painting pretty much full time. 
It's been really nice to take a break, actually. I feel creatively re-charged, and I feel like painting now instead of sitting in front of the easel every morning with that feeling of dread, wondering when the creative juices that make painting fun, if not easy, are going to start flowing. It's been a while since it hasn't just felt like work. Anyways, back to the easel on Monday. I have a commission of a particularly complicated but beautiful tree I need to finish. I'll post pictures when it's done.
Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. beautiful, so much tenderness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can feel how comfortable he is, lovely sketch. Can't wait to see the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sketch. I wish I'd known how when my kids were children. I am still not good at doing people but I could still have drawn bits and pieces of their lives. You'll have this later on which will be wonderful for you and for him.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)