Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Hey Horsey!

I was absolutely horse CRAZY as a kid! I drew horse after horse after horse, I talked about horses, dreamed about horses, and finally, when I was twelve, my parents got me my very own horse. But, I think I must have got sick of drawing horses, because this is the first horse I have painted in about 15 years! I made it look just like mine, Miss Peeti Poco. I miss her. She died when I was 27, and coincidentally, she was 27. Our birthdays were only a week apart. I really enjoyed painting this little thing. I may have to give horses another go! This is another ACEO for ebay. The detail is difficult, though, so it's quite hard to make it look polished, and the picture doesn't do it justice. 2.5" x 3.5" is so small!
Well, I have a portrait commission that I have to start work on tomorrow, as well as an assignment almost due for my writing course, so I don't know when I'll next be able to post. Maybe if the weather is good enough for pictures, I'll post some in progress ones of the commission. So, ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)