Sunday, November 11, 2007

In Pursuit of the Perfect Wave


~In Pursuit of the Perfect Wave~ 16" x 16" original oil on canvas $400.00

This is a horrible photo of this painting! The colors are off, and the big white glare in the middle doesn't exist, it's from the light in the room. I can't get a good picture because I can't remember the last day that it didn't rain here! I finished this painting last night, and I really wanted to post it, so this photo is temporary, until I get a good day.
It's quite a bit larger than anything I've painted lately, but I really felt like I needed to breathe...take a break from the mini paintings and stretch my painting arm! How can you tell it's winter?...I'm painting beach scenes! I'm dreaming of the ocean, the sun and holidays! I can't wait till January.
This was from a black and white photograph that my sister took at Long Beach in Tofino, B.C. Check out more of her photography at www.ArtWanted.com/Karie.
TIP: For photographing your artwork, the best light is outdoors on a slightly overcast day. It gives a soft, even light which doesn't seem to affect the colors as much as trying to shoot indoors, under artificial light. Put your painting on a flat, even surface, or hang it on a wall. I usually try to zoom as much of the painting into the frame as possible, then crop it in photoshop to get clean edges.

1 comment:

  1. Even tho the photo might not be up to par, this is still a mighty interesting painting...a lot of good things happening.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)