Friday, September 14, 2007

Where does the time go?


Waiting ~ 18" x 24" original oil on gallery wrapped canvas $650.00 CAN






Where does the time go? And why do I so rarely get anything I want to get done, done?
My baby is already almost 17 months old! My boy is already in Pre-school, and I remember Grad as if it were last week! All of my goals still seem so far away, though. It's like chasing a rainbow. It is so visible, but when you think you've almost got to it, it's another mile off. Hmmm...It's not that I'm discouraged. It's just that time, time, it's just not tangible anymore. It races and the day is finished before I can even get caught up to it. Is this what aging is like? You still think you're twenty, but time has gotten so far ahead of your mind that you're actually forty? Well, questioning, and computering, aren't getting me anywhere tonight, so I'll leave you with an older painting, just to show something. This one's called "Waiting." If she only knew, not to be impatient.
I really am going to paint tomorrow.
Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)