Tuesday, September 18, 2007

BE HAPPY!!




I am painting new pictures, really! I just keep forgetting to photograph them in the daylight. Last night I did one of a flamenco dancer, an 8x10 study for a larger painting. I'll try to post it tomorrow.
The picture for tonight is one of my old favorites, one of my Dad. I chose this one because my blog tonight is about happiness, and he just looks so happy in this picture, it is how I usually think of him.

This is a quote from the Baha'i Faith. It is so true!
"When a man turns his face towards God, he finds sunshine everywhere. Be Happy! Be Happy! Be full of Joy! Joy gives us wings! In times of joy or strength is more vital, our intellect keener, and our understanding less clouded. We seem better able to cope with the world and to find our sphere of usefulness. ~Abdul-Baha~
~and here's another~
Happy the soul that shall forget his own good, and like the chosen ones of God, vie with his fellows in service to the good of all; until, strengthened by the blessings and perpetual confirmations of God, he shall be empowered to raise this mighty nation up to its ancient pinnacles of glory, and restore this withered land to sweet new life, and as a spiritual springtime, array those trees which are the lives of men with the fresh leaves, the blossoms and fruits of consecrated joy.

My wish is for everyone on the planet to be happy. If we were all happy, there would be no war. I know, I sound Pollyanna, naive, like a child...but is it so impossible?? I wish it wasn't, so goodnight and be happy!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)