Thursday, May 2, 2013

Tuscan Vineyard

Tuscan Vineyard ~ 5" x 7" oil on gessoed hardboard


So I'm really mixing things up for you folks! Trying to keep it interesting, for you and also for myself. I love painting animals and people, I've always said my favorite things to paint are things with eyes..."the windows to the soul", and usually that is where I'm really satisfied. 
BUT...
A few years ago I went to Europe. It was the trip of a lifetime. I took so many pictures of the amazing countryside, and I told myself that I would paint them. And those pictures sit in my reference folder, taunting me every time I'm looking for subject matter. 
This particular photo is of a winery and its vineyard in the Chianti region of Tuscany where I went on a wine tasting tour. What a blast that was, and another story entirely, lol!!

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)