Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pepsi Cola and New Wheels

Pepsi-Cola 6" x 8" oil on canvas

Hi Y'all...I'm having such a great day! I'm the proud owner of a new (to me) blue mountain bike! It's amazing what makes your day:) But seriously, I haven't had a bike in about fifteen years. What's up with that!? I rode so far!! It's nice to not have to just depend on my two feet anymore. It takes sooooooo...long to get anywhere by running. Now I can get to the store, the post office, friends' houses...I don't have to be just a lonely, house-bound painter...Yay! And to top it all off, as I was riding home, I looked into the clearing at a little creek where I like to sit for a break and a drink sometimes when I'm on a run, and there was a momma deer and her baby. The weren't afraid and I sat and watched them for about ten minutes until they decided I was boring and walked away into the forest. So Cool! It made me feel so blessed to live in a place where I can experience something like that at any random time. Who needs Starbucks?!
Oh yeah, I'm a painter...that's what this blog is about;)  My new ebay offering and practice pic is another old bottle we found in the dirt at the same old farmhouse as in the previous post. I guess they like Pepsi and Orange Crush. Lucky for me...now I just need a Coca-Cola and a 7-up bottle to finish up the series. I do have one more pop bottle to paint tomorrow. It's really cool, and really old. I can't wait to share it with you. 
Anyways, this one's up on ebay right now...CHEAP...too cheap, but if you want it click below...Please! Lol!

BID NOW


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful blog and I love your bottle series so far. How lucky to be able to witness deer in their natural surrounds. You would have missed that had you been travelling in a car. I wonder how much I miss by using the car all the time??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, indeed! And, congrats on the new bike ... have fun with it! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous bottle and great idea for a series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work...I once tried to do a coke bottle and gave up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)