Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tahitian Dancer


Tahitian Dancer -- 12 x 16 oil on canvas covered panel $600.00

I finally painted something in Maui that I'm happy with! Yay! I've been painting plenty, but nothing good enough to share until yesterday...I was going to show you an in progress progression, and managed to remember to photograph the first step, but I guess I got so excited about the painting going so well, that I forgot to take any more pictures!
Anyways, we saw a Hula show last week, where they do a lot of traditional Polynesian dances. I managed to take quite a few good shots for reference. This girl was dressed in a Tahitian costume, which was very unique. I loved how her dark hair contrasted with the light background, and the strong light on her face made for a dramatic portrait. I tried to work loose and keep it fresh...I'm pretty happy with it.
The photograph of the painting is a bit contrasty, but it's pretty faithful to the colors.
Thanks for stopping by!



2 comments:

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)