Saturday, January 28, 2012

Haiku View...Maui

Marissa's View 

Here's another Maui sketch...this time from Up-Country, in Haiku. Unfortunately the photo doesn't do the sketch justice. The left side is all washed out.I don't have a scanner here, so I have to try to photograph it...yuk! Anyways, it'll do.  
I love it so much up in Haiku. It's the country, what I'm used to. Away from the tourists and the crowds and the traffic. It's just so relaxing. We had a nice visit with our friend's Marisa and Chip yesterday and as we sat on the deck, Bill played guitar, and I chatted and sketched the view. I was taken by the atmospheric sense of distance, and that's what first inspired me to sketch this scene...the light is great up there! I loved the hill, and how the graceful tree shape echoed it...and I just love those crooked fenceposts. It was a bonus that as I was finishing up, some cows and a horse wandered through the scene!




5 comments:

  1. It's a lovely sketch, though I imagine a good scan would show the values better. You've got a lot of nice texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely - i love the treatment of the foreground

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed catching up with your sketches here. They are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful as is all of your work! Thank you so much for your visit and kind words! :))

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)