Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Snow Queen

The Snow Queen--12" x 16" oil on canvas

I'm so excited! I entered this painting which some of you have probably already seen, in the regional juried arts competition, and it was accepted! Yay! So it will travel around B.C. for a while, visiting other galleries, and hopefully gaining me a bit of exposure. 
Also, I've entered it into the BoldBrush painting competition, too, and I know that this is a bit of a shameless plug, but, if you do like it, would you be so kind as to follow this link:
and click on the little thumbs up symbol that says "like" on it? Thanks, oh, and here's a new painting for you, too. I had some fun with cadmium yellow medium, really thick paint and a palette knife. Click on it to make it bigger:)

Sunset Cows - "11 x 14"oil on masonite panel $550.00 

I found it different to paint on such a hard, slick surface. It was kind of an exercise for myself in thick paint, and painting fast. I was trying to catch that elusive inspiration by not allowing myself time to think. It turned out okay, but I think the drawing is off a bit. Anyways, it was fun, and I'm mostly happy with it.




17 comments:

  1. Congratulations! =) All the attention you received are is well deserved

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, great painting. Sorry I haven't caught up for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations. It is a fantastic painting, and so are you're cows. good luck with the other comp. I'll be voting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic news. You must be Over The Moon.
    I followed the link and clicked on 'Like' because...I Love It!

    Stew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm sure they will do well. The Snow Queen is one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your kind words and your support. It means a lot to me, and keeps me plugging away at this lonely occupation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great painting. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! The judges made the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! you are SO talented!!!!! keep posting your artwork please :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Your work is fantastic, so I'm not surprised : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your work... Sunset cows reminded me of home :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I think the painting is lovely and am not surprised at all! Also, I like your cattle--your drawing looks good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! That's awesome news and well deserved - wonderful painting! So is the painting of the cows!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! It is very well deserved! Love the cows also!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on Sunset Cows .... good composition, colours, light ....... well done you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)