Monday, August 23, 2010

Postcards from Europe - Venice Window

                                                  Venice Window 4"x6" watercolor postcard

Another from my Postcards from Europe series. I shot the reference photo for this from a gondola in one of the canals. It was so cool! I know, totally touristy, but hey, I was a tourist!
The buildings there are amazing. It baffles the mind to try to imagine how they built that city. Much of it is in disrepair, especially in the side canals. The stucco is falling off, showing the brick beneath, and revealing layers of paint and colors. Even in partial ruin, these buildings are beautiful.  And everyone has flower boxes:)

1 comment:

  1. I really like your watercolor postcards! Wonderful work here - I'm so glad I stopped by! And I'm totally jealous that you went to Stonehenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)