Thursday, April 17, 2014

Glendalough Gold ~ dreaming of Ireland

Glendalough Gold ~ 5" x 7" oil on panel

My daily offering for you today...trying to brush up on my landscape skills...I call this a faux plein aire...I didn't paint it from life, since, alas, I am not in Ireland at the  moment. But I have been there, and stood there and looked at this scene. It is one of my favourite places on earth, and as I painted I tried to remember the smells and the breeze and imagine my self back there, to try to recreate the experience.  And I have to admit, my own photography skills aren't the greatest, so I used Steve Evans (babasteve) photograph, with permission. I'm going to go through my own picture collection soon, and hopefully share with you more of my adventures.

The auction for this goes live tomorrow (April 18th)  at 10 am

Start price  $35.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)