Thursday, February 27, 2014

Northern Spotted Owl Chicks


Northern Spotted Owl Chicks ~ 5" x 7"
watercolor, pen and acrylic ink on watercolor paper
For Sale in my shop starting March 2, 2014

So, I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I've been working a bit differently for the last little while. 
I needed a change. I needed to not take myself and my art so damn seriously. I felt bored and stifled. I never learned to play...I know!! Really, I was so afraid to go out on a limb, splash paint around, use crazy colors, break the rules. I played it safe. I got really good at safe. 
BUT...as a wise man once said...
 “Safety is the most unsafe spiritual path you can take. Safety keeps you numb and dead. People are caught by surprise when it is time to die. They have allowed themselves to live so little.” – Stephen Levine
I'm having fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)