Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Paintings for Charity

7" x 9" oil on canvas covered panel

BID NOW


  Paintings for Charity

Ever since I was a young girl, I have been enthralled by images of Africa.  Even through photos, I felt their spirit shining through. I promised myself that one day I would go there and help those beautiful people with the shining faces. There seems to be power in poverty. Something in them so strong that has been tempered by suffering. Maybe this is naive, but I imagine that they must persevere by living for the spiritual gifts instead of the material ones, since their physical lack is so great.
At any rate, my dream hasn't happened yet. I got tied up in work, got married, had a family, and now the opportunity seems so distant. But now with the advent of MissionFish, I am easily able to donate right through my auctions. I will be doing a series of portraits from the photographs of amazing photographer, Steve Evans. His portraits capture the heart and soul of these beautiful people and cut to my heart as soon as I saw them.  I knew that I had to paint these shining faces, and he has graciously given me permission to use his photos for this worthy cause. 75% of the money I raise will go straight to the Hunger Project, the other 25% is just to pay for art supplies.  I hope you'll help me help these people by bidding on my paintings! Thanks in advance:)
Cheers!




4 comments:

  1. beautiful paintings and a wonderful site. Can't wait to see your next face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your paintings are amazing, an i especially like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, warm portraits, so much life and love in them. Good luck with your sales.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great vision and that shows in your work. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)