Sunday, February 20, 2011

Brand New Painting

Despair  9"x12" oil on canvas  $SOLD

Fresh off of the easel, last night at about 7 pm. I'm really happy with this one. It's been a while since I painted a sad face, or one this close up, but this is what I really love to do. I've been attracted to faces since I was small. I have to admit, I didn't take the reference photo for this wonderful character. I found it on Morguefile. Thanks very much to bboomerindenial  for the use of this great photo. 
I find my camera reads the warms a little too intense. I'm going to have to figure out how to done them down. The shadows in his hands are not that red at all.
Anyways...enjoy:)
I also have new art cards on ebay for anyone who's interested...click below


11 comments:

  1. This is a wonderfully expressive face and pair of hands. You've captured him beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great painting/and other paintings haven't caught up for a while, you have been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work on the wrinkles and hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is really beautiful ~ the eyes really draw me in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone, and thanks for taking the time to look.
    Your comments are so valued! They keep me motivated:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! It can be a symbol for the third age...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful! I am on morguefile a lot and I recognize this one. In fact, I've done one of his photos before too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly wonderful! His eyes are so expressive, and you captured the details perfectly. nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)