Monday, December 7, 2009

Grizzly!

"Grizzly Summer" 9"x12" oil on canvas $225

Well, before my last few posts I was away for a long while, and not posting...I do have a good excuse, believe me! But I'm not telling:) Anyways, this is proof that I was still painting. I finished this one back in the fall. I was trying to prove to myself that I could still paint in the face of adversity! LOL! Well, I think I pulled it off.
Bella Coola, where I live, is one of the few places in the world, besides Alaska's Denali Park, where Grizzlies roam freely and in abundance. They come to the river in late summer and fall to feed on the salmon which fill our many creeks and rivers. Last summer I had the exciting experience of sharing our local swimming hole with a grizzly who was fishing for salmon. Well, I certainly didn't stay in the water for long! I snapped pictures from my perch on a bank overlooking the swimming hole, ready to bolt if he decided to get out of the water on my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)