Thursday, November 19, 2009

the Thunder Dance


Thunder
12" x 16" oil on canvas

The color companion to my previous post for Kunamokst:
this is from the same reference photo, but I wanted to see what it would look like without the blue color restriction. I'm really happy with the results! I painted it in about 4 hours, right over the top of an old painting that didn't work. No drawing, no prelim, nothing. The feeling of spontaneity and freedom was so liberating! I didn't have to plan and I felt like there was nothing to lose, since it was on an old ruined canvas anyways...If I could only have that with every painting. I have been doing a lot of painting lately, but I've really been struggling. Nothing has been working for so long. I started turning towards photography to fulfill the creative buzz, since so many bad paintings were bringing me down. This success was exactly the confidence injection I needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)