Wednesday, March 26, 2014

"The Visionary"~Contemporary Owl Painting

The Visionary ~ 5" x 7" oil on hardboard

I have always been fascinated with owls. They have this otherworldly silence, this innate wisdom in their being, that is palpable when you see them. 
Native Americans associated the owl with wisdom, foresight and keepers of ancient knowledge with powers of prophecy. In other cultures, they are said to be guardians of the underworld and keepers of the dead. However you choose to see them, they are beautiful and mystical and a wonderful painting subject.
I've been experimenting a lot with colour, texture, and different mediums in my paintings recently, and here is my newest playful piece. Up for bid on DailyPaintworks starting March 27, 7:00 am Pacific Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)